Super heavy picture post ahead.
Sorry for the delay of updates! I was away from laptop with no internet connection for some family trip for the past few days.
But I am back now and getting excited for Chinese New Year :D
And it is also time to update about my Bangkok trip earlier this year. I went for a 4 days 3 nights trip with my coursemates (ex-coursemates now since we are graduated! )
It is my first time in Bangkok and I was super excited for it. We planned it for so many times and finally we got to go! Took Air Asia flight. Thank God no delays and we stayed in Tunes Hotel Bangkok.
From Don Mueang to Tunes Hotel for around 45 mins cost us 270 Baht per taxi. The taxi is like 3 times cheaper than Malaysia seriously. Just take taxi if you can. It is super affordable and super comfortable. Sometimes they go by meter but if it is the peak hour, you might need to nego with them.
They don't go by meter during peak hours. Most of the taxi drivers can only speak minimal English so expect a lot of body language and prepare the address of the place you want to go. Plus contact number if there is any. But don't be suprised if they can speak out the price fluently in English. 3 out of the 4 taxi drivers we sat in were super friendly and nice. One of them keep on communicate with us in body language and he is super funny with all the funny sound effects to make us understand him ! Another guy speak minimal English and is super cute in their way of expressing.
My advise: Don't attempt to speak to them in Thai unless you know the language because when they answer you back in Thai, it gonna be super confusing.
After dropping off our luggage, we walked to the train station around 5 mins away from our hotel. Our hotel is also around 5-8 mins walk to Terminal 21.
We stopped at a station to take the shuttle boat to Asiatique which is FOC.
I don't remember the name of the station >.<
But ask the people in the counter before you buy the ticket. They will tell you how to go.
In Bangkok, their station go by the value of the place.
Eg. Place 1, Place 2, Place 3 cost 40 Baht.
So you purchase a ticket that costs 40 Baht from the ticket machine.
Sometimes the cost of ticket is more than the cost of the taxi,
so just taxi if you have a lot of people / a lot of stuff.
Some super sour + refreshing lime juice. 20 Baht
Inside the boat :D The boat goes super slow btw.
Bangkok River View. Lots of buildings. They like to be built in 2 or 3. Weird.
After about 15 mins, you can see Asiatique. I forgotten to include that picture here >.<
Lots of nice place to chill and take pictures here. and a huge Naraya ! I went crazy buying Naraya here as souvenirs. One of my friend told me the Naraya here is expensive but I didn't really bother after that because of the huge selection here. Other places have really limited choices. There are alot snack shops so go and grab some cheap Pocky to eat if you are hungry. There are a lot of cute clothes too but pricier. There are denim shorts selling for 99 Baht. Go grab some if you are into denim shorts. I am not so I did not buy any. :P
After that we head to t&K Seafood to grab our dinner. Odd enough no taxi driver is willing to take us there. But the local told us we can get there by public bus no 1. So in we go experiencing Bangkok local life. The journey was about 20-25 mins which only cost us 8 Baht each. Yes, just 8 Baht !
There are fans above the bus so make sure to hold the yellow thing correctly and not insert you fingers into the fan >.< quite dangerous if you ask me.
But nice experience. People there are super friendly and are willing to help and guide you ! One of the auntie in the bus even tell us where to stop and brought us to our destination. Bangkok people generally super nice ! But I think they are kinda fascinated by us also. A bunch of young foreigner girls taking some public bus. hahaha.
Expect to wait for a table if you go in a large group of people which happens to us. Overall, I think the food is overrated. Just my opinion though. It might be because I am used to eating seafood from my own hometown.
Day 2
Shopping day in Platinum Mall. So no pictures :P
Pad thai with egg.
My favourite Thai food !
I have them twice in 4 days.
Shopping day in Platinum Mall. So no pictures :P
Pad thai with egg.
My favourite Thai food !
I have them twice in 4 days.
Day 3
We went to the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum ! Fun ! I will not spoil it, so go and see yourself who is there :P Purchase online early and be there before 12pm to get a 10 % discount. We got ours at RM42 each. The crowd is a lot so we do have to wait for our turn to take pictures. But overall, it is okay. There is this bunch of uncles and aunties in a large group same as us so we took turns helping each other to take picture. They are super sporting too ! :)
A picture with baby MJ.
And I am wearing my 80 Baht I love Bangkok singlet :P Washed it the night before. haha.
Mango sticky rice is kinda pricey. Around 100 Baht. but its yummy ! No regrets.
Colourful taxi.
One of my favourite. We ordered some taro dumplings but am not sure why this turned out. But I love it. Crispy outside, Chewy inside. You won't like this if you don't like vege. The dipping sauce that comes with it taste soooooooo good !
Tomyam fried rice. Yummy !
We went to Terminal 21 too. To take photos. It is an airline concept shopping mall.
Just go to the toilet on the ground floor and be prepared to be amazed. hahaha.
We went to the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum ! Fun ! I will not spoil it, so go and see yourself who is there :P Purchase online early and be there before 12pm to get a 10 % discount. We got ours at RM42 each. The crowd is a lot so we do have to wait for our turn to take pictures. But overall, it is okay. There is this bunch of uncles and aunties in a large group same as us so we took turns helping each other to take picture. They are super sporting too ! :)
A picture with baby MJ.
And I am wearing my 80 Baht I love Bangkok singlet :P Washed it the night before. haha.
After that, we head to MBK foodcourt for late lunch after spending like 4 hours in the museum. 0.0
There are also a lot of people selling stuff outside the mall. Cheap tshirts etc etc.
Nothing much to shop in MBK but there are two shops that sell band bags for 200-250 Baht each which is cheap ! I grabbed 4 for my family. haha. They are those that you see online being sold for like RM70-80. Good quality too. The linings are good and lots of styles available.
Colourful taxi.
One of my favourite. We ordered some taro dumplings but am not sure why this turned out. But I love it. Crispy outside, Chewy inside. You won't like this if you don't like vege. The dipping sauce that comes with it taste soooooooo good !
Tomyam fried rice. Yummy !
We went to Terminal 21 too. To take photos. It is an airline concept shopping mall.
Just go to the toilet on the ground floor and be prepared to be amazed. hahaha.
The toilet. There is someone inside that guides you in case you got dizzy from all the mirrors.
Good service !
The view is spectacular !
Just gonna post 2 pictures of it to let you all experience it yourself :)
and Nickhun ! from the wax museum for all his fans out there. He is inside ! hahahaa
Day 4
Lunch before our flight back. Insanely cheap Japanese food in some Jap Restaurant in Terminal 21.
I think Thai people love Jap food because they are everywhere!!!
Go eat Jap food if you do not know what to eat
Shopping Haul
Some stuff is not included in the pictures. But this is roughly what I bought. Not that much as most of it is for my family. The clothes are not really my taste though.
But I will go again ! Because I missed Chatuchak and floating market this time!
Waiting for Bangkok 2.0 :D
Can't wait to go again ! I am missing the coconut ice cream and pad thai like crazy.
and I havent tasted the pomegranate juice yet!
Do drop me some comments if there are any :) Thanks!
Some stuff is not included in the pictures. But this is roughly what I bought. Not that much as most of it is for my family. The clothes are not really my taste though.
But I will go again ! Because I missed Chatuchak and floating market this time!
Waiting for Bangkok 2.0 :D
Can't wait to go again ! I am missing the coconut ice cream and pad thai like crazy.
and I havent tasted the pomegranate juice yet!
Do drop me some comments if there are any :) Thanks!




































Wow but you bought alot stuffs still! Planning to go bangkok end of this year but I've no idea like which places to visit all that. Can you give me some guidance? :)
ReplyDeleteNot that much really ! hahahaa. Bangkok is shopping heaven. Just bring lots of Thai Baht :D Platinum clothes are better some the price is same like KL BTS and Sg Wang.Some more expensive like 500-600 Baht. The market outside are a lot a lot cheaper but not so good quality but okla if want to casual wear. 100 Baht can get one nice casual dress already. Oh ya, go their 7 11 ! A lot of nice food and drinks :D
DeleteI am going to Bangkok again in May!! Hahaha
ReplyDeleteJealous ! I am gonna go again. Chatuchak not yet go :(
DeleteChatuchak is shopping heaven!! There are big sales after 5pm, totally cheap as you can get 2 dresses for only 100 baht!! :O
ReplyDeleteDo you know there is a train market near Chatuchak? within walking distance.
So cheap ! Pratunam is cheap too like 70-80 baht but the style not so ngam me. haha. so didn't manage to buy much.
DeleteHi, I'm going to Bangkok in this July but is during weekdays.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any suggestions regarding markets that are similar to Chatuchak?
Hello Samantha, I would suggest Pratunam then. Clothes and street food are available though not as much as chatuchak. You can find coconut ice cream, fried bugs, lots of coconut, lime juice, pomegranate juice, seafood, snacks and what not. It is just opposite Platinum mall. Go along the streets and walk further inside. Sort of pasar malam feel. The crowd is not that much which is good and cheap clothes are definitely everywhere :)
DeleteWow!! Sounds interesting!!
ReplyDeleteI was attracted by the mango sticky rice that you posted!! looks delicious and i like the handbags you bought!! haha...
Oh ya, but i heard they said that the clothes at Pratunam market will only sell at the wholesale price if we buy more than 3 clothes, is that true? and is that must be the same design or any items in a shop? Any guidance?
The handbags are from naraya and mbk mall. Go to bigger naraya shops like the one in Asiatique as they have more unique designs and variety as compared to other branches. The handbags are insanely cheap in mbk mall like 200-250 baht each. Handbags are the only thing worth shopping for mbk mall. The mango sticky rice is from mbk mall food court too. The food there is awesome! Yup, must 3 items then they will sell it at wholesale price so do find people to share it with but no worries, you can mix and match. If you saw minor defects like some thread coming out or some tiny little dirt on the clothes you like (although it is not noticeable), try ask for discount. Normally they will give you discount for that :)
DeleteOkay! Then i would probably plan to Pratunam market in the morning and also do some shopping in Platinum mall and continue to shop in MBK mall or Asiatique at night!! (as i'm a shopaholic) hoho:D
DeleteLooking forward for my bangkok trip!!
A thousand thanks for your helpful information!! *Hug*
Thank you for the info Daphnee.. I'm going to Bangkok this coming December and I cant wait!
ReplyDelete